If your SBCGlobal email works properly at home, but begins to give problem as you go out of the house, then you should check the settings of your email. For more details, you better check out the post and follow all the steps that are given in there.
The importance of emails can be identified from the fact that we keep checking our inbox after every 10-15 minutes for new mails. With this, it is pretty obvious to judge as to what would happen if the email service stopped responding suddenly. If you have experienced such issues, then you know what I’m talking about. It’s not a good feeling to see a non-functional email account. However, there is no need to worry when you encounter such a problem because it can be easily fixed.
When we are on the move, we generally access our email accounts on mobile data or Wi-Fi (if there is one available). At one time, the email is functioning normally, but at the very next moment, you find out that you are no longer able to respond to any email from your SBCGlobal email. If that is what you’re dealing with, then it means, your SBCGlobal email might have been blocked. However, things get back to normal as soon as you reach home. Now, that is a strange problem because email works fine at home, but stops functioning when you’re outside.
If you are experiencing such a strange problem with your SBCGlobal email, then there is nothing to worry, as you can easily get rid of the problem.
To get rid of the problem, you need to take a rundown at the below-mentioned steps.
- Start with changing the outgoing port number of your SBCGlobal email. If you have enabled ‘SSL’ function, then you will have to change the port number to default because any other port number will result in malfunctioning of the email. If you are not able to find the SSL option, then change the port number to 587. The problem is most likely to get resolved by now, however, if that doesn’t happen, then you should consult SBCGlobal Support providers.
- Toggle SMTP authentication mode to ‘On’.
- Check if your name is included in your email address, and if it is, then add it at the time of logging into your account. You must also mention the port number for hosting on your SBCGlobal email account.
- If the problem continues to exist, then you can launch your web browser and access the email there.
- You can also take a look at your antivirus program if that isn’t interfering with the SBCGlobal email. If it is, then you need to temporarily disable it. Also, make sure that you are not opening spam messages because that could lead to the antivirus program interrupting your email related communication.
If you are not able to overcome this problem, then you should consult experts who know how to fix problems pertaining to SBCGlobal email.