Nearly 50% of the Mac users who are maintaining their SBCGlobal account through their machine are facing problem in accessing it after performing an update of Mac OS. Not only SBCGlobal users are facing this problem but from other email services like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail are also getting the same problem.
In the coming up passages, we are going to discuss steps to get rid of this problem. If you are the victim of this same problem, then continue reading the content of this guide. After reading the steps if you find any problem, you can ask the experts available online on SBCGlobal support.
Steps to fix an email issue on MacBook
- Go to SBCGlobal email icon from the desktop and click ‘Open’. Check ‘Preferences’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select SBCGlobal email from the list which is creating a problem. If you have configured more than one email account from the same service provider, then you will come across this situation.
- Open ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Click on the box which says, ‘Automatically detect mail settings’. Uncheck the box and enter settings carefully.
- Restart the app after closing it from the ‘Manage app’ section. If you are still facing same problem, follow next troubleshooting step.
- If email settings are not working due to some reason, then configure these settings manually by getting into incoming as well as outgoing server address fields. You must log in to the browser and clear all cache and cookies within it by clicking on ‘Settings’.
This is how you can eradicate issues related to settings on SBCGlobal account. The same steps can be implemented for Yahoo, Gmail, and other service providers as well. This is considered the best and easiest fix to the email settings issue. If the problem still persists, you can restart the app again and again from laptop. This will certainly solve the problem otherwise, you can go for re-configuring the mailbox again on your MacBook. The steps for the same are discussed here in the post. Read the below-mentioned steps carefully and pay kind attention to each and every step.
- You can follow the steps given on the official Apple MacBook page. Enter the model number and the serial number of device.
- The steps can be implemented only if the OS version is 10.10.4 or higher.
The following problem has been faced by the users who have recently updated their Mac OS version. If you are not sure with the version of OS installed currently on the Mac, then you can contact Apple experts. There are chances of service outage problem in specific region occasionally, under such circumstances you can only wait for some time rather than implementing any steps.