Have you just bought a new Android smartphone and now looking to set up your SBCGlobal email on it? Well, the process of setting up any email on an Android phone is easy, but make sure, you have the correct settings and steps for configuration. If you know nothing about the configuration process of SBCGlobal email on Android, then read on.
All Android smartphones are equipped with an email app, which has an intuitive interface and quick syncing time. You don’t have to refresh the app all the time in order to see new emails, but the email is smart enough to grab new emails. If you want to add your SBCGlobal email into the email app of your new Android phone, then there are a few steps, which you need to perform.
- The process begins with going to the App menu on your Android phone by clicking ‘App Icon’ present on the home screen.
- Select ‘Email’ from the list of apps that you see on the screen. Once selected, go to ‘Add Account’ option.
- Now, you will have to enter your SBCGlobal email address and password in the correct fields. If you want to create a new SBCGlobal email account, then you will have to first sign up for an account by visiting www SBCGlobal net and then, come to the email app to enter the login details.
- Initially, your email account is going to be set up using the POP3 setting. Therefore, you need to select ‘POP3’ in the ‘Account Type’. Now, you will have to enter ‘pop.att.yahoo.com’ in the ‘Incoming POP Server Field’ and set it to the incoming email server.
- Now comes the turn of Outgoing POP field, where you will be entering ‘smtp.att.yahoo.com’ in the ‘Outgoing Server Field’. The port number for the incoming server, where you’ve selected POP3 needs to be ‘995’.
- You need to enable the SSL service by toggling the button to ‘On’. This will enable SSL security for incoming emails.
- As far as the port number for outgoing email is concerned, then you need to enter ‘465’ there. In addition, you need to enable the option corresponding to ‘SSL’ so as to allow SSL service for outgoing mail.
- You will now have to click ‘Next’ in order to proceed to the ‘Verification Page’ and complete the email setup process.
- Now, launch your SBCGlobal email account and select ‘Yahoo mail’ from favorites option followed by entering your email ID and password to access your email account.
- Now, you are all set to access your SBCGlobal email from Android smartphone’s email app. In case, you come across any issue, then you can get in touch with experts for assistance.
Note: When you update the secure connection option, it is important for you to ensure that the option labeled as ‘Use Secure Connection’ is checked because only then, you will be able to update the security details.