Are you looking to sync your SBCGlobal email with Windows 10? You can do it by following the steps that are given in the blog post. In case, you find any trouble, then you can get in touch with email help and support providers in order to get the right assistance.
Trying to sync your SBCGlobal email account with Windows 10? Well, this process is not as easy as you think, but if you perform the right steps in the right order, then you will be able to sync ATT net email login with Windows 10. It is a well-known fact that Windows 10 is one of the most widely used operating systems in the world today.
Many people who use computers and laptops use emails as well, so for that, they need to configure their emails in the default email app. This is a simple process, but can be a tricky one if you don’t know the exact process or missed a couple of settings. If you are trying to sync SBCGlobal email with Windows 10 email app, you need to follow certain steps, which are explained below.
- Open email app in Windows 10, and then, you have to click the ‘cog’, which is going to open ‘SBCglobal Email Settings’.
- After that, you need to click ‘accounts’ and then, ‘add accounts’.
- Now, choose ‘other account’.
- It’s time to enter the necessary details like your SBCglobal Net Mail address, password and other information that is required.
Follow the aforementioned steps and you will be able to sync your SBCGlobal email with Windows 10. In case, it doesn’t work, then you can try other method, which is given below.
- The first step is similar to the one that you’ve performed above, but in this case, you need to choose ‘advanced setup’ instead of ‘other account’.
- Then, you need to select ‘internet email’ option.
- Now, add a name for your email account, a name that you would like your contacts to see when they receive emails from you.
- It’s time to enter a value in ‘incoming email server’, i.e., ‘inbound.att.net’.
- In ‘account type’, you need to enter ‘POP3’.
- Enter your SBCGlobal email ID along with its password under ‘username’ and ‘password’ boxes respectively.
- For ‘outgoing email server or SMTP server’ you need to enter ‘outbound.att.net’.
- Leave all other options beneath ‘outgoing email server’ option because those are of no use.
One of the two processes will work for you, so try each of those one by one. But in case, nothing works out for you, then you need to get in touch with SBCGlobal email support providers because they know multiple ways of fixing issues in SBCGlobal email. You should not try the process on your own if you don’t know anything about the syncing process as anything you do could go against the syncing process.
Once you have your SBCGlobal email synced with Windows 10 email app, then you will be able to receive your emails in the email app without having to refresh your inbox again and again.