It is quite easy to transfer the email from inbox to external hard drive provided it must have sufficient storage space with drive connected to the same computer and if you are not using the Microsoft Outlook program for SBCGlobal email account, then forward the mail first to any other email service, then proceed with the steps given on the page. If you find any difficulty in understanding the steps, you can contact customer support executives who are available 24×7.
There are some mails which need to be stored in more than one location for future use be it personal or business. Likewise, you can store or transfer your important mails from SBCGlobal account to external hard drive and that too without any hassle. You might be wanting to know ‘How it is possible’. Well, we are going to let you know the steps with the help of which you can execute this function on your SBCGlobal email.
The important things required for this process is ‘Your SBCGlobal email account’, ‘Computer’, ‘hard drive’ and ‘Microsoft outlook’ program. If you have all these mentioned things with you, start the process after reading the steps mentioned below. There is no need to copy a single message each time, you can copy in slots.
First of all, transfer all messages to one folder with the help of a wizard. If your SBCGlobal doesn’t support Microsoft outlook, you can send the emails to a different email provider that supports outlook. Keep the name of the folder as easy as possible, so that you can easily remember it. Export the messages directly from the inbox to the Business folder after this.
Coming to the steps, read the steps carefully and slowly before trying them on your own PC.
- Open SBCGlobal email account from ‘Outlook’ menu.
- Go to ‘File’ and select ‘Import or export’ file option.
- Click ‘Export to’. You will be prompted to select the source folder or location.
- Read all on-screen instructions and create.PST extension type folder.
- Tap ‘Next’. If you want to further check the details of the folder, click on ‘Subfolder’.
- Connect hard drive to the computer and check the drive which has been allotted to it. Any kind of pop-up message is displayed on the screen may be neglected.
- To copy the folder, select a particular file from the drive and copy it under name ‘Backup’.
- Select ‘Finish’ to end the process. Once finished, a notification related to data security will reflect on the screen. You can set a password to protect your data which has been recently moved to the drive.
- Finally, close the window to finish the process.
It’s the time to create an archive folder on the computer desktop, if it’s already been there, then don’t create a duplicate copy. Plug the drive into the computer and transfer messages through windows file explorer. Drag the files from the source location and drop it to the final location.