Many SBCGlobal users are facing the problem of ‘recipient not authorized’, and if you too are facing this problem, then you need to get in touch with SBC email help and support providers. There is an error code as well, which you will see on the screen, i.e., Error code 550, but there is no need to panic, as you can fix this issue by going through below-mentioned blog post.
There is nothing more frustrating for a businessperson than unable to send emails to his/her contacts. This is how SBC Global email users are feeling right now because many users are not being able to send emails to their contacts and are also seeing an error. The error code that they are seeing is ‘Error Code 550’. Apart from this error code, people are seeing a message named ‘recipient not authorized’. Why this error has occurred and how to resolve it, we are going to discuss in this blog post.
You are going to find the details of this issue along with the most suitable solution in the blog post below. So, without any further ado, let us discuss it:
- Authentication Failure: In case, you are facing difficulties sending and/or receiving emails despite entering the right email address, and are seeing ‘Error 550’, then there is a possibility that the error lies within SMTP authentication. If your SBCGlobal email is not configured with SMTP authentication, then you are most likely to receive this error. There isn’t any issue with your email account, so instead of doing SBCGlobal email password reset or calling for help, you need to enable SMTP authentication option.
SBCGlobal email in order to defend its servers from criminal spammers and allowing only its customers to use the platform have enabled SMTP authentication. So, if SMTP authentication is disabled, then you need to enable it by following below-mentioned steps:
- Go to SBCGlobal server settings followed by turning on the SMTP. You can do it by clicking the box corresponding to the option ‘My server wants authentication’.
- In case you are using MS Outlook on your computer, then this process will be done automatically, as you just have to click ‘yes’ button followed by installing the program and then, running the program. You don’t have to go to SBCGlobal Outlook settings as this will be done automatically.
- Sending an email from false email address: You are going to see a server response error or unauthorized sender error after you send an email from a false email address. It won’t be able for the recipient to recognize the email address and thus, it will be rejected automatically due to falsification in the authorized group. The server is going to block the email if it turns out to be invalid, and will not allow the email to go through. If that is the case, then follow below-mentioned steps.
- You need to type your email address in a proper manner, and refrain from doing any typos, or else the email won’t be able to go through.
- If you have just created an SBCGlobal email and are trying to send an email, then you may have to wait until 24 hours because that’s how much it is going to take for the email to activate.
- When setting up a new SBCGlobal email, you need to take extra care while entering special characters.
- Sending emails to the false email address: If sending emails from a false email address creates issues, then sending emails to a false email address can also create issues, as the email that you’ve sent will never be delivered because the address that you’ve entered doesn’t exist. This is when you will see error code 550 along with a message ‘recipient not authorized’.
- You need to check the spelling of the email address to whom you want to send an email.
- Make sure that there isn’t any issue with the destination server of the recipient’s email address.
If you are facing problems despite following aforementioned steps, then you will have to get in touch with SBC email help and support providers. They will assist you in the most suitable manner.