Are you looking to set up SBCglobal email on your MS Outlook? Then, you will have to perform certain steps in the right order. The steps are easy to follow, so you don’t need anybody’s help to set up SBCglobal email in Microsoft Outlook.
SBCGlobal email is an advanced email service that is managed and controlled by AT&T. SBCglobal mail is among dozens of email services that are currently being used by people all around the world. Having options is always great, but at times, these options can make things confusing for the people. SBCGlobal email is packed with amazing features, but it is hard for people to switch from one email account to another. The most suitable thing that they can do is, configure SBCGlobal email account with Microsoft Outlook.
If you too are using SBCGlobal email, and are looking to set it up in MS Outlook, then you will have to find certain information to make the process simpler.
- Email client with the addresses of incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- Connection settings for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
When AT&T Corp acquired SBCGlobal a few years ago, the address of the servers also got changed. It’s not www SBCglobal net anymore, but it has changed to AT&T.com. If you have added ‘pop.sbcglobal.net’ previously, then that will not work now. Your MS Outlook email will have to communicate with ATT servers to access new emails in your mailbox and deliver your emails to the right recipients.
Here is how you can configure SBCglobal email settings in MS Outlook:
- The first thing that you need to do is open Microsoft Outlook. Once the email account is opened, select ‘File’ tab followed by clicking ‘add account’ button, as that will run ‘Add Account Setup’.
- You need to choose ‘additional server types’ or ‘manual setup’ followed by clicking ‘Next’. Select ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP’ on the ‘Choose Service’ page, and after that, click ‘Next’.
- Type in your name and SBCGlobal email login address in the right fields followed by selecting ‘POP3’ from the ‘account type’ drop-down menu.
- Type ‘inbound.att.net’ in the incoming mail server field.
- When it comes to outgoing mail server field, you need to enter ‘outbound.att.net’.
- You need to re-enter your SBCGlobal email address into username field followed by typing your SBCGlobal email password in the password field.
- There is a button named ‘more settings’ that you need to click followed by selecting ‘outgoing server’ field. Then, you will have to check the option named ‘my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’.
- Now, you will have to select ‘advanced’ tab after which, ‘this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’. It’s time to enter a port number into the ‘incoming server field’, i.e., ‘995’.
- In the ‘Outgoing server field’, enter ‘465’. After this, you will see a drop-down menu named ‘use the following type of encrypted connection’ in which you will have to select ‘SSL’.
- Click ‘OK’ followed by clicking ‘Next’ in order to configure the mailbox. When you do that, click ‘finish’ followed by clicking ‘close’ to get out of the setup wizard. There aren’t any changes to make in SBCGlobal email.
This was the process of setting up SBCGlobal on MS Outlook. If you have followed the steps in the right way, yet the email has not been configured properly, then take help of email experts as they can assist you with the process of configuration of SBCGlobal email on Microsoft Outlook.