The key to a fully functional email account lies in the correct settings. If you are trying to set up SBCGlobal email, then make sure you have the right settings with you, or else, be ready to experience all sorts of problems afterward. Today, we will be discussing the right process of setting up SBCGlobal email, so pay a close attention to what follows next.
An email account is only going to work properly if it has been set up in a correct manner. SBCGlobal email account, one of the most popular email services in the US has a number of email domains, which create a confusion among the users. If you are using any of the below-mentioned email services, then it belongs to SBCGlobal email group, so you will have to follow the same settings as you would have followed while setting up a SBCGlobal email account.
If you are using any of the aforementioned email services, then it comes under SBCGlobal, so you can follow the same steps for setting up any of the above-mentioned email accounts.
If you are setting up SBCGlobal email on your smartphone, then you can follow below-mentioned steps to set up your email.
- Tap ‘Apps’ from the phone’s home screen and then, tap ‘settings’. In ‘Settings’, go to ‘Accounts’ and under ‘Accounts’, tap ‘Add Account’.
- Tap ‘Email’ now.
- Enter your username and password.
The aforementioned steps will help you set up SBCGlobal email account automatically. But, if you find that there are problems with the setup process, then you can enter your SBCGlobal email address and password, then tap ‘Manual Setup’. After that, you will have to use manual settings, which you can find as below:
Setting up SBCGlobal email manually:
Server Type: POP3
- Start with entering your username and password.
- Enter POP3 server now, which is ‘pop.att.yahoo.com’.
- Enter ‘995’ in ‘Port Number’ field.
- Tap ‘Next’.
You need to keep in mind while updating ‘Use Secure Connection Settings’ that the box corresponding to ‘Use Secure Connection’ is ticked before you move onto other steps. Now, it’s time to update the port number.
Secondly, if you come across any issue after performing the steps, then you need to check whether the internet connection that you are using is properly working or not. If you are using mobile data, then it is suggested to switch to a Wi-Fi connection.
If you are looking to manually setup SBCGlobal email, then you can do it by following below-mentioned steps.
- Enter ‘pop.att.yahoo.com’ in the incoming (POP) server.
- Enter ‘smtp.att.yahoo.com’ in the outgoing (SMTP) server. Moreover, you will have to authenticate it.
- Select ‘POP3’ in the incoming mail server.
- For the incoming mail server, select ‘POP3’.
- You will have to enter your full SBCGlobal email ID including the domain in the incoming and outgoing username.
- In the incoming mail port, you will have to add ‘995’, but keep in mind that you check the option given by the name of ‘use secure connection’.
- The same needs to be done for outgoing mail port, but the value that you will have to enter here would be ‘465’.