The process of setting up junk email settings in SBCGlobal email is quite easy, but even then, there are many people who don’t know the entire process. If you too are looking to set up junk email settings in your SBCGlobal email, then follow the steps that are given in the blog post.
SBCGlobal email is a webmail service that is managed and controlled by AT&T, the same company whose cellular network you might probably be using right now. SBCGlobal has a user base in millions, so the company can’t afford delays in troubleshooting of any issue.
SBCGlobal email is like any other email service that you are using right now. It receives junk emails on a daily basis, the majority of which gets filtered out by the SBCGlobal servers, but there are some junk emails that make way into the email accounts of the users. Today, we will be discussing the process of how to set up junk mail settings in SBC mail. SBCGlobal email offers a wide range of tools to manage junk emails.
There has to be a setting in email services that keeps all the spam messages at one place, so that people can easily remove those. Spam messages can easily clog up your inbox and can also act as a gateway for virus and other malicious elements to crawl into your system. If you open your SBCGlobal email account, then you are going to see a number of options for setting up junk email settings. So, you can make use of those settings to manage all the undesired emails and put them to their right place.
You can also report all those spam emails to SBCglobal email support, and also change settings to specify the process of handling spam messages that are in the email account along with blocking certain email addresses so that you don’t get emails from those email addresses ever again.
How to report single emails?
- Start with going to SBCGlobal Yahoo page and then, click ‘mail’ in order to log into your SBCGlobal email account.
- Click ‘Inbox’ and then, click on the inbox given right next to ‘spam message’ in order to enable it.
- Click the drop-down menu by the name of ‘Spam’. You will find an option by the name of ‘report spam’, ‘report a hacked account’ or ‘report a phishing scam’, which you need to click. The purpose of selecting any of these options is to remove junk emails and send a notification to SBCGlobal that it’s time to update the system and block the selected messages from entering into your inbox again.
Create spam settings:
- For this, you need to log into your Att.net email login account. Once logged in, click ‘gear’ icon, and you will see a drop-down list in which you will select ‘mail options’.
- Under ‘mail options’, select ‘general’ and then, click on the menu button that is given under spam protection section. With this, you will be able to set up SBCGlobal POP settings. You can select the settings that you want to activate for spam messages. It is up to you to decide whether you want images to appear in those spam messages or not.
- Click ‘save’ to apply the changes.
Block email addresses
- For this, log into your SBCGlobal email account and then, click ‘gear’ icon followed by drop-down list named ‘advanced options’.
- Under ‘advanced options’, select ‘blocked addresses’.
- You will have to enter the email address that you are looking to block in the empty boxes. After adding all the email addresses, click ‘add’ button. Once you click ‘add’ button, the spam messages will be deleted automatically from your inbox.