To be able to use SBCGlobal email, you will either have to log into your account at www sbcglobal net, or you can configure your email in MS Outlook 2016. Both methods are convenient, but the latter one is a bit easier and beneficial. So, let us find out how to configure SBCGlobal email in MS Outlook.
SBCGlobal email can be used by logging into Att.com, or you can configure SBCGlobal email on your MS Outlook. Both methods are convenient, but if you’d ask me as to which one I like better, then I’d say the second one because it is easier to use all your email accounts under one app instead of opening multiple websites to use multiple email accounts. Now that you are aware of the fact that SBCGlobal email can be configured in Outlook, so the question that arises is how to configure SBCGlobal on Outlook.
Well, there is an entire process that you need to follow in order to configure SBCGlobal email on Outlook. If you are using Windows 10, then you probably would have MS Outlook 2016, so we will be discussing the process of configuring SBCGlobal on MS Outlook 2016. There have been a number of changes in MS Outlook since the time when people used to access Windows XP. Things have become a lot better in Windows 10, and this includes MS Outlook as well.
The steps for configuration of SBCGlobal email on MS Outlook 2016 will only work for the Outlook 2016, so don’t try to configure it on the versions that were launched before 2016. Let us now discuss the steps in detail:
Step 1: Add or edit the SBCGlobal email account
- Click ‘file’ and then, ‘add account’ to set up an SBCGlobal email account.
- If SBCGlobal email is already configured, then click ‘account settings’ followed by ‘change settings’ of SBCGlobal email.
Step 2: Manually set up of SBCGlobal email
- Click ‘manual setup’, and if this option is not available, then search for ‘additional server types’.
- Click ‘Next’.
Step 3: Select Email account type
- Choose from either IMAP or POP.
- Click ‘Next’.
Step 4: Modify an existing account
- To modify your existing SBCGlobal email account, select it and then, click ‘change’ button.
- In case you delete your SBCGlobal email account from an email client, then your emails connected to that email account will be deleted, especially when you are using a POP email account. You can’t recover those emails, so keep this thing in mind.
- You can’t edit an existing SBCGlobal email account. So, if you’ve configured your email account using POP3, then you will have to delete that account in order to configure a new one with IMAP as email account type.
Step 5: Configure general email settings
- Enter your name, your SBCGlobal email address and account type.
- Enter values in ‘incoming email server’. If you’re using SSL settings, then use server’s hostname, i.e., ‘host.yourdomainname.com’. If using non-SSL settings, then use ‘mail.yourdomainname.com’.
- Enter the values while editing SSL and non-SSL settings of the outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Type in your SBCGlobal email address in ‘username’ section. Enter your ‘SBCGlobal email password’ in password column. Uncheck the option that says ‘requires login using secure password authentication’.
Step 6: Configure Outgoing server settings
- Settings remain similar to those in incoming email server settings. You can configure outgoing server settings by clicking ‘more settings’ option.
Step 7: Configure ports and encryption
1. Enter right values in ‘advanced settings’ by making use of the instructions and images you see on the screen. Click ‘OK’ once the process is complete.
Step 8: Test settings
Now, you should test these above-done settings in order to confirm whether your SBCGlobal email is working using these settings or not.
If it is working, then that’s great, but if not, then you need to log onto www sbcglobal net. They will be able to assist you with the problem that you are facing.