Emails and spam links go hand in hand. We all know that out of all emails that we receive in our email accounts, 20 percent are spam. Things have worsened so much in the past few years that email services have to create a spam folder, which works quite efficiently. Spam folders are so efficient that users don’t have to move emails from their inbox to the ‘spam’ folder anymore, as it will be done on its own.
Every email service is strict when it comes to safeguarding email accounts of their users. SBCGlobal email is no different, as it has too made certain arrangements to provide safety to its users. SBC Global has joined hands with top antivirus companies in order to prevent emails with misleading information and spam links from being accessed by users.
However, it is not recommended to rely on antivirus programs because people sending spam emails are clever, so they will definitely find a way out to counter the shield created by antivirus programs. They are well versed in bypassing the protecting shield created by antivirus programs, so as to allow their deceptive emails to reach the inboxes of email users. If you too are using SBCGlobal email and want to safeguard your email account from spam emails, then you need to do the following:
- With an antivirus program attached to the SBCGlobal email, it is obvious that some spam emails will not be able to make their way into your inbox, but it is still advised to use a full-fledged antivirus program on your computer. You need to install an antivirus, which is capable of scanning attachments that accompany emails. Moreover, you need to update the antivirus program when the updates are available in order to ensure a comprehensive protective layer on your system.
- Then, you will have to check the email address of the sender, and if you are not familiar with it, then don’t open the email as it could possess virus, malware or spyware. If you have opened it, then make sure not to click any link given in the email, as that will direct you to a website, which you think is related to you, but in reality, it isn’t.
- You need to pay attention to the subject of the emails, and if you find the subject lame and doubtful, then don’t open the email. You must have received emails in which it is mentioned that you’ve won jackpot/lottery, so that is 100% spam. If you haven’t bought any lottery ticket or subscribed to any website where they offer rewards, then how come you win anything? So, refrain from opening such links.
- If you receive emails from unknown senders, and if those emails have links, then you need to hover the mouse on those links in order to find out as to where they are pointed. If the websites where those links point to are genuine, then you can click those links, otherwise not.
- If emails come with attachments, then make sure to scan those attachments before opening them.
- If you have received an email from a person, whom you haven’t received any email from in the past few months or years, then you should be cautious while accessing those emails.
These are the steps, which you need to follow in order to safeguard your email account against spam emails.