Corresponding to each email in the inbox, there is a box that users can check followed by choosing an option that they want to. The option they choose is going to decide the fate of that particular email. The importance of those boxes is quite significant, so if they don’t appear in the inbox, then it will bar users from taking necessary actions for a particular email.
SBCGlobal email users are actually seeing a code instead of the boxes, i.e., ‘e0 d0’ ‘e0 55’. If you too are seeing this code instead of the boxes, then your SBCGlobal email is not working properly. Here is what you will have to do to fix this issue.
The missing icons that you currently are seeing in your email have been downloaded from the server. The codes that you see are just characters displayed in hex code. You will have to follow below-mentioned steps in order to allow pages to select their own fonts.
- Go to ‘Tools’, then ‘Options’ and finally ‘Content’.
- In ‘Content’, select ‘Fonts and Colors’ followed by ‘Advanced’. In ‘Advanced’, you will have to select the option that says ‘Allow pages to select their own specific fonts rather than my selections’.
Besides these changes, you need to ensure that ‘gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled’ preference on the ‘about: config’ page is also set to true. In case, you are unsure of the status, then double-click that specific line to toggle the value.
Such issues could arise due to cache or cookies as well, so you must clear both cache and cookies. However, before you do so, just keep in mind that clearing cache and cookies will automatically log you out of all the sites that are opened in the browser. You must save all your work before commencing with the process of clearing cache and cookies. Here I’m assuming that you know the process of clearing cache and cookies, but in case you don’t, then you can take help of experts to clear cache and cookies.
You can also try to reload the webpage(s) and simultaneously, bypass the cache in order to refresh all the outdated and corrupt files. To do so, follow below-mentioned steps.
- Press and hold ‘Shift key’ and then, ‘Left click’ the reload button.
- Press ‘Control + Shift + R’ at the same time if you are using Windows Linux or you can press ‘Control + F5’ for normal Windows.
- If you are using a Macintosh, then you will have to press ‘Command + Shift + R’ to complete the process.
Hopefully, the problem is most likely to disappear by now, but in case, it doesn’t, then you should take help of SBCGlobal support as they are the only ones who could help you with this problem.