SSL issues on SBCGlobal email are the most prevailing issues which every user comes across once in a while. If you are the victim of this problem, then continue reading the troubleshooting steps which we are going to mention in our current post. No matter which device you are using for accessing the email, the steps are general and will work on all devices.
What results in SSL error?
If there is some issue with the Antivirus software, Malware, incorrect date, and time settings and Outdated SSL installed, then you will get the SSL error.
How it is linked to SBCGlobal email?
When you open the SBCGlobal email on the device, the servers try to connect in a secure manner. If it fails to do so, you will get the SBCGlobal email error on screen. Once you come across this error, you can’t send or receive the email from the SBCGlobal account. ‘Feature not available’ message will start flashing on the screen else check the red color text given on the left-hand corner.
Now, let’s continue with the troubleshooting steps.
- Open ‘SMTP’ settings from the SBCGlobal email settings page and check whether the SSL function is enabled or disabled. If it is disabled, then enable it once and check if the message goes or not.
- Change the port number of your outgoing mail server from 467 to 587.
How to fix the SSL issue on SBCGlobal email?
The common and simple steps to fix SSL issues on SBCGlobal email are discussed below:
- Open the browser from the computer screen and open the email account.
- Go to the main settings and click on ‘Advanced’ from the main menu.
- Open ‘Content settings’ and select the ‘Privacy’ option.
- Click on the ‘Allow local data’ option and turn it on. Allow ‘Cookies’ if prompted.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to save settings.
Error 1: SSL certificates not trusted: This error mostly appears if the certificates are not valid or expired. You can purchase the SSL certificates from the authorized authority or remove it by opening the website after clicking on the ‘Continue’ button.
Error 2: Incorrect SSL certificates: If you are entering the keywords which are incorrect or mismatched, then you will find DNS certificate error. You can solve this problem by calling at tech expert number.
Error 3: SSL connection error: To get rid of error 3, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- Clear SSL state and update date and time.
- Check firewall settings.
- Disable QUIC protocol.
- Remove extension.
- Remove the host file.