If you are using Apple iPhone that you have recently updated, then you must be enjoying the experience. If the situation is opposite and you are experiencing issues with your SBCGlobal email in iOS 11.1 or 11.2, then you can go through the steps given in the post and restore the functionality of your email account.
Has your SBCGlobal email stopped working on iOS 11? There is no need to worry, as there is a workaround for this problem. The process applies for iPhones operating on iOS 11.1 and 11.2, so if your phone is working on any of these operating systems, then the solution is applicable for you.
Many people after upgrading the OS to iOS 11 are facing problems while accessing their email accounts. What the issue is and how it can be solved, that we will discuss in the sections below.
Email app not receiving emails and saying ‘Password incorrect’
If you have updated the OS of your iPhone to iOS 11.1 and experiencing issues while receiving messages on your email app, then you need to check if the incoming server is not blocked. Moreover, you will receive a message on the screen saying ‘incorrect password’. To solve this problem, you need to delete your email account from the device and add it again.
If you want to know how to add an email account, follow these steps:
- In your email app, go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Mail’ option.
- Click ‘Accounts’ and as you do so, select the account from the list that you would like to add’.
- Sign out of the account.
- Click on ‘Add an account’ option followed by adding email details there.
Seeing blank screen after opening email app: This problem surfaces if you have used any special character in your email address. If you want to resolve this problem, then you can contact Apple support, but that process could take time, so what you can do in the meantime is, you can try the following steps:
- Remove account from the phone that is causing the problem.
- Delete old emails from inbox folder followed by checking the emails that are larger than 6 MB. If you come across ‘failure message’ in the outbox folder, then you need to delete it right away.
- Now, you need to restart your Apple device, which you can do by pressing and holding the power button for a minimum of 10 seconds or until you see the Apple logo on the screen. In case, you are using iPhone 8 or a newer model, then press ‘Volume up and Power button’ together. Press the power button to see the Apple logo.
- Restore your Apple iPhone, which can be done by connecting your iPhone to MacBook or Windows PC and open iTunes on it. Take a backup of your phone data and then proceed to restore option. In case the problem continues to exist, then you will have to hard reset your device.
If you start receiving new emails in the ‘Trash’ folder of the SBCGlobal email, then you can click the link that says, How to fix ‘unable to receive emails in inbox folder’ on www SBCGlobal net.