SBCGlobal email service is the most powerful and advanced email service which uses internet for communication via email, audio, and video. Users can create free or paid account on this email service depending on the usage. This email service is powered by AT&T communications in partnership with Yahoo mail. You can configure this email on any smart device be it computer, laptop, phone, and tablet. All these devices will notify you of the new mail if received any in the inbox.
If you are not being able to get the email notifications on your desktop, then pay close attention to the steps which we are going to discuss with you in this post. The email notifications mainly depend on the setting done from the ‘Email login’ page. In order to enable these settings, you have to go to ‘Account’ followed by ‘Preferences’ then on ‘Notifications’. Here, you can opt for single option out of the given ones. The steps to change the preference of notifications are:
- Open ‘SBCGlobal email’ after launching a browser on a computer. You need to enter the login information to get into the account.
- If you find difficulty in login, you can re-enter the password and username.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Profile photo’.
- Open ‘General’ tab.
- Go to the ‘Notifications’ menu and check the ‘SBCGlobal account from the list for which you want to enable them.
- You will 3 options which are mentioned here as under:
- For new mail: If you enable this option, you will start receiving the alerts for new mail if arrive any in the inbox.
- Important email: If you have added any email address in the ‘Important’ folder, then you will get the notifications for the new mail received from that email address.
- No alert: This will turn off the notifications alert for all messages be it important or regular.
- Tap on anyone out of the three.
- Click to save changes. After this, try sending mail from other email address and check if it is received in the account with notification alert on the desktop or not.
In case after the alterations in the settings, the notifications remained still disabled, then nothing to get disappointed. Check the ‘Update’ option of your email on the desktop. If any update is available, download and install it because sometimes a problem in the previous version doesn’t allow you to turn on notifications or due to some security concerns. If everything goes normal, you can start replying to the important mails even without login to the account or main login page.